Today is my last day here in Singapore and what a very timely way for me to catch a taxi cab driver on my way home. He gave me a simple motivation and confidence on what I'm about to do. Coz right now, I'm in one of the biggest crossroads in my life.
Though I've already decided long back that going back to the Philippines is the best for me. The promising convenience, money and lifestyle of staying here have always kept me doubting. Each day passed led me to thinking each of the small things that I'm going to miss here. Its no secret that I've learned to love Singapore as a country. I've already told my friends that eventually, I want to come back and live here. Whether that thing will change or not, I'm not sure but all I want to say is Singapore has been a part of me. This is where I learned to experience the early adult phase of my life. Although its very far from perfect, it surely is fulfilling and educational. This is where I came to learning more about myself and my habits. Surely, there's some truth to the saying that you'll never know yourself until you go out and try to live your life on your own.
Philippines is a very beautiful place, nothing feels like home. Family, friends and relatives who I grew up with are all there. That is also the place where I experienced the 'real world'. There are no second doubts on my mind now that I want to grab the opportunity that was presented to me. I'm going back home not to relax, unwind and enjoy my welcome back party. I'm going there to work hard, gain more experience and be a better person, Data Warehouse professional and businessman. My eyes are set on one goal and that is to prosper in the aspects which are very valuable to me - myself, family, career and business.
I chose to go back home because the opportunity will make me better rather than staying here. I'm going to build all those new data warehouses, get certified and be an expert. I'm going to manage my business to the best of my ability and make it prosper.
This is my goal, this is what I'll live by.
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment