Sunday, October 14, 2007

NBA Live 2008 on PSP!


Bad things happen to good people. But good games deserve good market.

.. Oh does it?

NBA Live 08 came out on different gaming platforms early this month. EA Sports promised that the game play would be a whole lot different compared to the previous version. Actually, there were a couple of previews featured at NBA.com where last year's NBA Live champ got beaten by EA Sport's head AI engineer a.k.a "The Brain" - showing that techniques before won't really be that effective now.

Anyways, right after I bought the UMD for S$60 at GameScore in Funan (famous for its IT shops) - I played 2 full 8-min/quarter games right away. So addicted, so excited I didn't went back to the office for overtime. I just played the game the whole night.


New things on NBA Live 08
No jump shots! - I'm on the 2nd week of November already in my Dynasty and I've made no more than 10 jump shots?! Seriously. I'm like 10/50. I just can't seem to figure out the rhythm, timing, and the proper way of pressing the button. I don't know, outside shots won't just go in. In every possession there seems to be a different way of how you should take the jump shot. I'm not really sure. I've been an NBA Live gamer since its 97 version in Sega and I didn't had this jump shot problem.

This is seriously challenging my NBA Live skills. Anyone there can gimme some tips?!

The Crown - They have this new system for tracking all statistics you've acquired during playing. Be it in dynasty mode, all star weekend, 2-ball, etc, it will record all the stats you get. What's the point? Same as before, to unlock special feats and as EA says it - to become an NBA Live Legend.

Loading and transition time - Just noticed that the on-screen menus and transitions are significantly slower than before. Simulation, going to different menus, loading the game, it all takes longer than before.

Superstar buttons no more - They just inserted this feature and they've taken it out in this version. They made it automated - depending on the situation, the player executes whatever he has in his arsenal of moves and tricks.

So no more forcing Kobe dunk on 3 Phoenix players.

Go-to move and go-to team - Seriously, I don't know anything about this stuff yet. But as EA markets it, looks like it's the primary feature of NBA Live 08.


Boring
I'm not happy with how the game is interacting with me right now. The fact that I got Kobe score 120 points in one game and that about 100 of those points are dunks. And the fact that that's the only way for me to win the game by 2 points.

Its just so unrealistic.

So sad. I thought it's gonna be worth it. I mean buying the UMD instead of downloading it somewhere in the internet. Tsk tsk.

Give me back my money! :|

No comments: